Wednesday 13 November 2013

We Are Better Than England...... Says Barcelona And Chile Striker Sanchez



Barcelona striker Sanchez will face England in Friday’s friendly against Chile at Wembley. His welcome may be a little more spicy following his latest observation that English players have had it too easy from an early age, unlike his own football education which took place on the streets of Tocopilla, in the far north of Chile.

“We are a tougher team than England,” he said. “The problem for teams like England is that everything is so easy for them. They join these academies at maybe 10 or 11 years old and everything is done for them. They are so modern and the players are looked after – it is not just England but many European nations.

I used to wash cars for such little money just so I had enough money to buy my football boots. When you are at academies like Manchester United and Arsenal then everything is just given to you. With countries like England if you don’t make it as a professional football player then there are still many other opportunities, and you still have a chance to live a good life.

My family was so poor that football for me was about survival. I told my mother from a young age, ‘Don’t worry, I will become a football player and get us out of this situation. You see, That's why we beating England won't be a big deal at all because we are stronger in attack, midfield and defense than them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment